Monday 1 February 2010

I want to live in Pandora!

Yesterday, we finally got round to seeing Avatar!  I wasn't sure what to expect because of all the hype and contradicting reviews in the media - but I swapped my cynical head for my impartial one and just let the movie do the talking.  Wow!  I loved it!  I absolutely loved it!  The 3d was better than anything I'd experienced previously (i.e. 'Up', 'Final Destination 4') - there was no loss of sharpness this time and I didn't feel the need to 'rest' my eyes every 20 mins or so.  My only moan was that we were kept waiting in the lobby for 10 mins before the film started so that the staff could 'clean the 3d glasses before the next use'.  Pah!!!  They were mingin'!!!  Every pair I picked up were icky - good job I had my lens cleaner with me.  But I digress - the film was superb, sumptuous and spellbinding - ok, I've run out of alliterative superlatives now.  If you haven't seen it yet - go! 


I spent most of Saturday playing with my new Genio Touch phone - I intended to trade-in my old LG Chocolate but when the nice Carphone Warehouse lad told me it was only worth £3.75, I decided to keep it as a spare.  Disappointed it didn't come with a PC cable though, so had to fork out another £12 to buy a PC Connectivty lead - my desktop hasn't got bluetooth built in, so transferring pics and music would be a problem without one.  Eventually found and installed the Samsung PC Studio software online and then uploaded a few new ringtones and wallpapers.  This is how it looks now:



I think I may invest in a Bluetooth dongle as the Samsung software seems to be a bit longwinded for simple transfers.  Anyway, I like the phone so far and at least now I can hear it if it rings when I'm out - my Chocolate's volume was never loud enough.  I know Jojo has one too, so I'd be interested to hear her verdict so far.  Right, I'm away to phone AOL to find out why I can't access some websites - I know it's not my computer 'cos I've done every troubleshoot known to womankind!  I may be some time!

No comments: