Wednesday 7 April 2010

Update on sick PC!

Had a missed call from the PC shop yesterday so made a quick dash down there in the hope that it might now be fixed and ready to pick up - more fool me!  Apparently, my graphics card is 'mashed' beyond repair; something they didn't pick up on whilst running the 'health check' - consequently, I've had to buy a new one and (hopefully) it will be installed today.  I had my suspicions that it was more than a Windows software problem, which is exactly what I told them when I returned the PC last week - pity they didn't believe me.
Anyhoo, having already spent a small fortune just having Windows XP reloaded, I'm praying that the final bill isn't extortionate (some hope!) and I'll be able to afford to collect my battered PC sometime today - will keep you posted.

I have been 'Skyping' with Stacey - somehow playing 'pee-bo' through a laptop monitor doesn't have quite the same effect as being there in person, and Cala just looks rather bemused at the strange noises coming from the speakers (I have yet to get a webcam).  It's lovely seeing Cala every day though, and she's changing so much it's hard to believe we've only been gone just over a week.  Stacey took her to the doctor's on Monday (not a bank holiday there), and she's been prescribed some cream for the dry rash on her face and the doctor has advised to bring her back if it doesn't improve or worsens, and they will then investigate further.  I spent most of yesterday resizing and reducing all the pics we took - I'm not quite done yet, but I'm getting there - another reason why I need my own PC back a.s.a.p.!  Here are a few more from our holiday.


Cala aged 3 weeks 4 days (in the headband I brought with me)

Cala aged 5 weeks 2 days


Aged 5 weeks (laughing at Mummy!)

Cala, Stacey and Me!

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! Love the picture of the three of you.I can see where she gets her good looks. Sure hope that PC is finally up and running. Looking forward to more pictures.