Friday 2 April 2010

Not a happy (Easter) bunny!

As the title suggests, I am far from happy!  Picked up my desktop from the shop yesterday and was told all was fixed and backups made of my documents - not only are my documents nowhere to be found, but my graphics card seems to have gone AWOL and after updating a couple of things, i.e. Internet Explorer and AOL, the damned thing is freezing again on the desktop screen!!   I tried rebooting 3 or 4 times, and it completely freezes every time - so much for the 'health check' they alledged to have performed.  Now, with the Easter weekend, it will be Tuesday at the earliest before I can return it to the shop, and it's anyone's guess what/who they will blame for the problems this time.  Consequently, I am still unable to open my folder in Sensual Sigs or begin taking requests until I can access my PC again, aagggghhhh!


My beautiful Cala Nicole Hodges

On a lighter note, we had an absolutely fabulous time with Stacey, Kevin and little Cala in Lanzarote.  We spent every day together - didn't do much in the way of sightseeing (done it all before already), but once we'd mastered the art of getting Cala's carseat, pram and essential baby paraphanalia plus four adults into a tiny Peugeot 205 (only car available in our price range!), we made several shopping trips to Arrecife and Puerto Del Carmen.  Cala was an angel (not that I'm biased of course) - she has a slight reflux problem which is being managed with a special anti-regurgitation formula that is thicker than normal baby milk and is easier to digest.  On the Friday after we arrived, we stayed at Stacey's apartment so that they could have a night out - they stayed at our apartment and returned in the morning.  I was a little nervous about being solely responsible (Luke was there too, but hey!) for a four week old baby again, but I needn't have worried - Cala only woke at 5am and then went back to sleep.  I bathed her, dressed her and fed her before Mummy and Daddy came back!  She is such an alert baby - she was already smiling (no, not 'windy smiles' in here sleep) in response to visual stimuli when we arrived, and by her 5th week, she was properly laughing.  Right, I've waffled on far too much already so I will post a couple of pics that I've managed to reduce enough to upload.
The 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the moulds we took of Cala's foot and hand - I will relate the story about that another time!  The last photos are two in a series of closeups I attempted when Cala was sleeping  - these are the better ones.  Adios for now!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your computer problem.That's so frustrating. The pictures are lovely. I know you had a great time with Cala.She's an angel.Thought Luke's mum was planning to travel with you...guess not. Hope you can get back on your PC soon. Happy Easter.
XOXO
Barb

Pinkerbell said...

Luke's mum wasn't well enough to travel in the end - her back was just too painful to risk it. Hope you had a lovely holiday too Barb - would love to see some pics when you get the time!