Saturday 17 April 2010

Tubeless!!

My tubes are missing!!  And, no I haven't had a medical procedure - 'tubes' are the elements used when making tags in Paint Shop Pro, i.e. all my Gorjuss girls and all the scrapkit tubes, sob!  I've got my computer back, but the eejits at the shop forgot to reload my documents as a backup, which means yet another trip back to the shop with computer!!  Apparently, the backup they made was nearly 38gb, compared to an average backup of around 10gb on 'normal' PC's (I guess that makes me 'abnormal!).  It means I will have to take my computer back yet again as the files are too big to put on a disk.  I had a wee bit of a ding-dong with the guy in the shop as he tried to imply it was my fault the backup wasn't put back on as I hadn't asked for it when I returned it the 2nd time!  I pointed out to him that the back up had NEVER been put on even though it clearly states on the job sheet 'backup documents and reload' - I also pointed out that I paid for this service when I picked the machine up the 1st time!  Fortunately, I had copied a lot of files to my external hard drive before I handed them the computer the 1st time round, but all that said, I am still missing at least half of my graphics, all my fonts, and all my plugins.  It's just so frustrating as I know they won't do the job with any urgency and once again I will be resigned to using Luke's laptop in the interim.  Ok, rant over!

I have been Skyping regularly with Stacey since we got back - I get to see Cala everyday on the webcam and, although she can't see me (no webcam as yet), she responds to my voice and my 'Aaaaaaaa-boooos'!
She now weighs 10lb 4oz, and is 56½cm long.  She has been sleeping all night for a couple of weeks now and Stacey says she wakes up happy and gurgling and is quite content as long as she has something to look at - her favourite distraction being the 'I love my bear' mobile attached to her cot.  She also loves her teddy that my Mum bought for her and in homage to Mum, is now nicknamed 'Juno'. 


The rash on her face has now completely gone since Stacey started applying the cream her Doctor prescribed, so hopefully it was nothing serious.  Her hair is still pretty funny - she has this thick, long tuft at the back of her head, but hardly any on the front, and Stacey said the Doctor and the nurse at the surgery yesterday were laughing at her strange coiffure (how dare they!), lol.  She had her first baby jabs yesterday and although, she screamed momentarily when the needle went in, she was laughing again within a minute. 

My best news though is that I'm going back in June!!!  My darling Mum phoned me yesterday and asked if I'd be willing to go with her for two weeks - as if I needed asking twice!  So I spent all of yesterday trawling the internet for the best flight and accommodation deals, remembering that Mum is restricted in her walking and can't handle stairs too well.  I found a great deal at a hotel just across the road from Stacey's apartment complex which has taxi ranks and bus stops right outside the entrance.  They also run a free shuttle service to and from town so it's ideal really.   I also did ok on the flights too, so I've managed to get two weeks, bed and breakfast for £728 for the both of us, including flights AND booked seats (didn't want to chance us being separated on board).  We'll only be using the room as a base really, so I didn't see the point in getting a suite or going half/full board.  I spoke to Stacey and she pretty much insisted that we have our meals with them - I so didn't want her to feel like we were imposing on them, but both her and Kev have reassured me that they are more than happy to have our company - whoopeeee!  Luke is fine about me going again so soon - I think he's relishing the thought of two weeks of having the house to himself, lol.  Dad is also pleased Mum is going as he knows how much she has wanted to visit Stacey as she hasn't seen her in nearly 2 years!  Mum will arrange for some home care while she is gone as Dad will not want to stay in hospital for two weeks - it's the best solution all round - he's happier in his own space and respite care wouldn't really be an option.  So, it's now all booked and we'll be leaving on 7th June - two days after my Mum's 80th birthday!

This will probably be the last post on here for a while again now, as I expect my comp will be in the shop again for a week or so and I can only pick it up at the weekends.  I really wish I didn't have to take it back, but I can't just lose all my graphics for the sake of a few days.  If I don't get a chance to post again, I just want to wish my lovely friend, Tobyann and her hubby, Lester, a really wonderful vacation - I will write to you personally next chance I get (promise!).  Until next time - adios amigos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your PC backup not being loaded. Hope they get it sraight this time! Great news about your trip in June. It's a wonderful birthday present for your Mom. Norhing better to see her grandaughter and great gran.Take lots of pictures.