Wednesday 13 January 2010

What I learned today!



Today I learned how to make my own favicon - that little icon thingy that sits next to your browser tab name (like the 'blogger' icon on left).  I'd like to say that it was easy and took me no time at all, but then I'd be lying!  I spent at least three hours trying to get that little blighter to appear after first having to make the damned thing, and then convert it to an .ico file and then upload it to a web host (neither flickr, photobucket or fotki accept .ico formats), and then find the correct HTML code to make it finally work!  I know what you're thinking - was it worth it for a tiny little box with two Ps in it - well, yes it was - to me anyway.  I hate being defeated and I was determined to get it working before I signed off for the night!  I'm metaphorically patting myself on the back for that one - well no-one else will, lol.

No comments: